B.A.D. (Black And Devoted) Dog Club
“Don’t judge a dog by its color”
Most individuals have never heard of Black Dog Syndrome, yet it is very common in shelters across the country. Black dogs are the underdogs of all rescue dogs.
Typically, the larger black dogs end up in overcrowded shelters where they are overlooked as a pet and therefore, their days are numbered.
As a means of population control, many of these beautiful black dogs are euthanized without ever having been given the opportunity to meet their forever families.
Often overlooked for reasons such as:
- Difficult to see in their cages/crates
- Don’t photograph well, so they are not as appealing
- Appear intimidating
- Perceived as aggressive
- Hair shed by black dogs is more visible on furniture/floors
- A dog’s color does not affect their temperament or personality. If given the opportunity, black dogs or better referred to as Black Pearls, are faithful, friendly, and devoted dogs that you would ever want to meet. “Don’t judge a dog by its color.”
Reasons to Adopt a Black Dog
- We do not clash with your furniture or clothing. Black goes with everything.
- You can put any color of collar or bandana on us that you want.
- Ease of vacuuming – you can find the areas that need attention.
- After playing outside and getting dirty, we do not need a bath right away, as we hide dirt well.
- We make an excellent “backdrop” for a lighter colored dog, if you choose to have another.
- We are available at shelters everywhere!
- No annoying queries of “exactly what kind of dog is that anyhow?” People are content with “big black dog.”
- EXCELLENT protection for walking at night. No worries!
- Status symbol potential. Black pearls are very valuable.
- We Need You!
~ My Heart Has A Tail~
“I made a discovery, just today; something so amazing in every way. It was when you bounded towards my face, kissing and wriggling all over the place. And I held you very close to me, experiencing euphoria, endlessly. It seemed all at once, our hearts become one and together we were having so much fun.
When I see you running around, you don’t need words to make a sound. I know that you love me very much with a loyalty no human can touch. That’s why I believe you’ve become my heart and no one earthly force can keep us apart.
We understand each other so very well; surely my heart has a tail, can’t you tell?”